Sunday, February 1, 2015

1998 Demotion timelapse



In 1998 I was able to place my super 8 camera in a 2nd floor window in Minneapolis City Hall and record a time lapse of the demolition of the Augsberg/Fortress building and other buildings on the block on which the Hennepin County jail would be built. Soon after the demolition I added some sound to the film, which includes an early version of the story that would turn into this film project. It's a pretty strange image, almost like the building is melting. I found the videotape on which I had made the transfer in the last couple days and am trying to figure out how to incorporate this into Demolition Dreaming.
I have an archive of film that I shot of various buildings being demolished in Minneapolis the in the late 80s and early 90's. It seemed like there was so much demolition going on those days. That's what made me interested in the whole history of demolition in Minneapolis, which all leads to Demolition Dreaming.

No comments:

Post a Comment