Friday, July 11, 2014

30 Minutes!

Today I just barely passed the 30 minute mark. I have created 30 minutes of animation for Demolition Dreaming. Whether all of that makes it into the final film is yet to be seen, but that is a major milestone.
I'm not even sure exactly how long I have been working on this. Serious work started just over two years ago, when I came up with the first elements of the story. Or maybe that is more like two decades ago, when I had the first parts of the story. Two years ago I wrote up a treatment that helped to get me a Jerome Grant in late 2012 that made this project seem much more serious to me. I started the animation work in December of 2012 or January of 2013. Also in January of 2013 I got laid off from my job of twenty years, which both gave me some time to devote to the animation but also put me a little off track because the work of figuring out what I was going to do to make a living took time and energy.
So in a little over a year and a half I have made 30 minutes of animation. I'm pretty far into the story. Heavy Steve is seeing hallucinations on the sides of buildings. That's what I made today.

No comments:

Post a Comment